Saturday 5 December 2015

Anything But Cute Challenge #8

Hi, crafty friends!
I hope you are all health and safe! Most of us are in the middle of creating Christmas cards for our relatives, friends and our loved ones! If you are one of those who love creating these than there is a wonderful challenge theme for you starting today at Anything But Cute - You've Got Happy Mail!


For this challenge, our super talented Niki would love to see some mixed media Christmas cards, tags, ATCs or whatever papercrafts you are mailing to a friend, inspired by the Spirit of the Season!

I wanted to add some untraditional Chrismas colors to my card so I used pink color and here is my card I created for this challenge:




I cut two different sizes tags out of my canvas gessoed sheets using two Sizzix dies and sprayed them with my Distres stain spray in Bundled sage. 


I also cut two pieces out of the same canvas sheet with my scissors and sprayed them using the same Distress stain spray. Then I pulled out my Tombow brush watersoluble markers in some festive colors and draw some swirl shapes. I used my waterbrush pen over the swirls to achieve a watercolor look. 
I used my Distress stain spray in Festive berries through my Swirl Tim's stencil to create background on my bigger canvas piece.


The same stencil and Distress stain spray in Fores moss has been used in creating background of my smaller canvas piece. I used the same sprays and stencil on my both tags, as well.


I put some chese cloth and mesh ribbon between the layers. To embellish my tag card I used one of the Tim's photo cards with Santa and created a frame using my string and some white paper roses. I used my Ecoline in pink to color the roses randomly and to create some splatters here and there.


The sentiment was handwritten on a piece of canvas and I added white and black twine for some dimension. I used my Sharpie white pen to create some white splatters randomly.


I hope you are inspired to create a Christmas card for someone you love! 

At Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until January 4th, 2016 - we can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! It means much to me!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hugs! Branka x

Challenges:













40 comments:

  1. Oh boy Branka..."layers and flowers and pieces of strings...these are a few of my favourite things". HAHA, I sang to you!! This is stunning my friend. I love how you layered the tags and used mesh and cheesecloth between the layers, such a shabby feel that creates!! Your non-traditional colours are so beautiful and I love that you wrote the sentiment by hand!! This is a wonderful Christmas creation, full of dimension and festive cheer! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear! Nice song haha :) I love to create shabby things lately and I am happy you like it! Hugs! xxx

      Delete
  2. Branka, my dear, you have created the most unique piece of Christmas artwork! I love how you have used all these techniques and those colors that really work so well together. So cool how you made the canvas pieces--love that, and I'm so going to try that! Such a clever way to make a wreath using string, and then to use the bits of string again behind the handwritten sentiment! What a work of art! Lots of love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, my dear Sara! Such great support from such talented artist and a wonderful friend! You are a sweetheart! Lots of love to you! Branka xxx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic tag, love everything about it, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Branka! Thank you very much for joining us at Moo Mania & More with this brilliant project!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susi! I am glad you like it! Branka x

      Delete
  5. Branka this is "totes amaze" - its so lovely and vintage and just so.....lovely!!Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layers, Branka! And fab colors.... great job! I've got to get this layering thing down, lol! Thanks for some wonderful inspiration! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynn, for such kind words! Hugs! Branka x

      Delete
  7. lovely work Branka - great layering - hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rachel! Happy to see you here! Hugs! Branka x

      Delete
  8. Wonderful layering, fabulous colours, beautiful stencilling, fantastic flowers, amazing design - I am running out of adjectives to describe how beautiful I think your card is! I love every single little detail and I loved seeing how you brought it all together. You are a wonderful artist Branka! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, dear Anne! What a wonderful end of my day reading such sweet comment from you! Hugs! Branka xxx

      Delete
  9. The non-traditional colours are amazing. A stunning tag.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh B! This is gorgeous and I love that you used non traditional colors. This tag card really pops with the lovely pinks! That Santa is awesome sauce! Your use of the lace and cheesecloth is superbly fashionable. Do the DI sprays do a good job when used with stencils? I haven't tried that technique yet but yours looks like it went smashingly well. I really thought that sentiment was stamped-your handwriting is flawless and should be made into a stamp! I would buy it! Gorgeous design and layers. Merry Christmas! Hugz to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, hun! DI sprays (as well as Dylusions and others) do a good job when used with stencils only if you spray from a right angle and distance. That's what I found out :) Merry Christmas and huge hugs to you! Branka xxx

      Delete
  11. A fabulous tag/card/tag.....great use of inks and gesso and layering. Love it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Ecclectic Ellapu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card Branka! You put so much love and effort into every single one of your creations! And the outcome is always amazing! Great work my dear!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, my dear! I am glad you like it! Hugs! xxx

      Delete
  13. Love these unique colors, what a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so much fun. Love the non-traditional colours and the various techniques you used to create this tag.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cec, for such sweet comment! Hugs! Branka x

      Delete
    2. Back to say Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
      Hugs!
      Cec

      Delete
  15. Great tag! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's like you have everything but the kitchen sink on this gorgeous tag Branka. Love the colors and all the layes. Simply stunning and so delighted you shared with us at Mixed Media World.

    With smiles
    Laine K
    MMW Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous rosy glow and I love the layered tags.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your special recognition at Mixed Media World for this awesome card! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your special recognition at Mixed Media World for this awesome card! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Branka...stunning tag! Love all the gorgeous layers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous tag! Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really fabulous creation! Thank you also for the steps! Thank you for playing with the Creative Gym #14 over at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this cleverly layered creation! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the layers.
    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu.
    Lisa xxx - Eclectic Ellapu DT.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Tag Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, Branka!! Boy I have really been missing out - this is just STUNNING. I love this to the moon and back and then some more. The colours are fresh, bright and very happy for 'Happy Mail'. Missing you guys loads.
    Hugs
    Georgie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.