Friday 5 June 2015

Shabby chic altered clipboard

Hi, lovelies! I am proud to announce that I was invited to be a guest DT at fabulous Country View Challenges blog!
When I have got an email from Chris (Country View Challenges DT) to join them as a Guest DT for their 'Shabby Chic' challenge, I was in heaven!
I decided to alter a clipboard for that wonderful theme chosen by amazing Astrid.



I started with gesso and with several Martha Stewart's satin acrylic paints in soft tones for the background. To add some texture I used my Golden crackle paste and one of the new Tim's stencils (hope you can see the texture :) The old photo (Paper Whimsy) is glued down on a piece of canvas previously embossed and sprayed with several glimmer mists and accented with my antiquing gold paste. I used alcohol ink mixative in white on all metal embellishments there. The seam binding is hand dyed (Victorian velvet and Old paper distress stains). I made a bow and attached the flower in the centre. I also used Tim's mixed media die, Sizzix music note die, an old music notes sheet, some lace ribbons and different embellishments from my stash. The edges were distressed with Vintage photo DI and I put a resin rose on top of the clip.





I encourage you to visit Country View Challenges blog for a great inspiration from their amazing DT!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving a sweet comment!








14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your GD post at Country View! Your make is so beautiful, gorgeous details and elements added. Love the soft colours too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Ingrid, for those kind words! Happy to see you here!
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Shabby Chic work of art!!! Love the soft colors and addition of that antique frame is so mesmerizing!!! Fantastic project my dear! Big congratulations on your Guest Designer apearance at Country View Challenges!!! What an honor for them to have you there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much, my dear, for a great support and such very kind words!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow Branka, this is just incredible! I could melt right into all the soft pinks and shabby ribbons, your embellishments are perfectly arranged and I love all the different elements you used! Love the lace on the spool, what a clever embellishment! It's very interesting to see this project sitting beside the masculine one above...it really shows the diversity of your artwork!! Congrats on your DT my dear, you so deserve it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Pamellia, thank you so much for your amazing support! I am thrilled you like my work and I am honored to be your teamie and to call you my friend!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Branka, what a lovely shabby work of ART! I love all the layers and how you have managed to make them all look cohesive! (I'd just make a mess!) I really adore the spool with the lace rolling off and the dangling key. Oh, and the clock peeking out from the torn and tattered sheet music. So many wonderful details...Love it! Congratulations on your GDT spot over at CVC--they couldn't have picked a better artist! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Branka, what a lovely shabby work of ART! I love all the layers and how you have managed to make them all look cohesive! (I'd just make a mess!) I really adore the spool with the lace rolling off and the dangling key. Oh, and the clock peeking out from the torn and tattered sheet music. So many wonderful details...Love it! Congratulations on your GDT spot over at CVC--they couldn't have picked a better artist! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you sooo much, my friend for such kind words! You put a big smile on my face!
      Have a great weekend! Huge hugs :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your GD spot. Fab project.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congrats on you GD spot! Awesome sauce! This soft, shabby clipboard makes me want to dance in the clouds. Wonderful soft colors and feel to the entire piece. That small picture frame is amazeballs and the picture is as well. You are such a versatile artist Branka-kins! The spool with the lace is a fantabulous added element. Gorgeous and stunning! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much, hun! Happy you like this! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
      Huge hugs :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your guest DT over at Country View, that's amazing hun!! Your work of art is very delicate and perfectly shabby chic, the touch of elegance with the pearls dripping down, the reel with lace... all beautiful layering and great chic colours! All finished with an amazing shabby yet arty bow :)
    Fantabulous project hun
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.