Wednesday 22 April 2015

My creation for Our Creative Corner

Hi, friends! I am here today with great news to share with you! I am so proud and thrilled I have been chosen as a Top talent for Our Creative Corner! I was inspired by my absolutely favorite Tim's stamp set Birds crazy! Love, love, love that stamp set!
I started with stamping the images with black Archival ink on a manila tag, colored them with my watercolor crayons and cut them out. For the background I applied several acrylic paints and blended them with my baby wipe. To add some texture I used two Dyan's background stamps (harlequin and lego) and stamped randomly on the background with two different Archival inks in green tones.
When I glued my images down I added more details using Tim's stamps (stars and the little arrow) and doodled a little here and there with my white gel pen. The border was stamped with Dyan's border stamp and I used one of her border stamps in the middle of the pages, as well. I used Tim's stamps to stamp a quote.






Don't miss to check out my Top Talent post at Our Creative Corner!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a sweet comment!




12 comments:

  1. Another great journal page spread, Branka! I love your color choices and LOVE that expressive bird! Congratulations on being this month's Top Talent...it was great to see your work showcased there! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my friend!
      Hugs and smiles to you!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I love this!!! Such fun journal pages! Love that bird sitting on the elephant and then elephant trying to keep his balance on those suitcases! Great color choices for this project! You are a true artist! Have a wonderful day my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooops, forgot to say BIG CONGRATS on Top Talent at Our Creative Corner...but they told us what we already know! It is always good to be recognized by a challenge for it though :) You so deserve it!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, dear Samra! I've had a lot of fun making these pages :)
      Have a great day!!!
      Big hugs to you :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a fun LO! I could see an entire story centered around these fellows! Wonderful creation. I love the background colors and stamping. You make journal pages look awesome sauce! Congrats on your Top Talent over at OCC! Big Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Niki! I enjoy reading your comments!
      Big hugs to you, my friend!
      Have a wonderful day!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. LOVING THIS!!! Wow Branka, you are such a force of creativity, this is one of my favs!! Love the circus feeling to this and the checker-board border is such a perfect fit for that! Totally giggling about the elephant riding bird...now that's a show that I would go and see! HAHA!! Brilliant my friend and big huge congrats on being top talent, they have amazing taste! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, my friend for such a sweet and lovely comment! I was smiling all the time during the process of making this haha :) poor elephant haha
      Hugs to you :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. I love how the bird is riding the elephant, how clever is that?!! This is comedy genius Branka!! I love your art journal pages, they're always so bright and cheery xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.